A Masculine Sympathy Card

Hey guys!  I just found out that one of my best friend’s hubby’s lost his grandfather today so I thought I would quickly make a sympathy card to put in the mail this afternoon.

I chose to start with this beautiful and intricate “Stained Glass Coverplate” die from Catherine Pooler Designs and also her two fabulous grey cardstocks, “Smoke & Mirrors Cardstock” and her black cardstock, “Midnight Cardstock”.

So I cut the coverplate die using white, 2 shades of grey and also from black cardstock. Using a piece of light weight cardstock covered in adhesive, I laid the black outline down first and proceeded to place all of the greys & white cardstock pieces into the puzzle.  I just love the way it turned out…

Next I stamped the “thoughts” and “prayers” words from the “And Sentiments” stamp set using Versamark ink and then used white embossing powder to create an embossed sentiment strip.  I die cut the smaller ampersand from the “And Dies” from the light “Smoke & Mirrors Cardstock” and adhered it to the sentiment strips.

Before adhering my sentiment down I die cut some cute little leaves from the “Fallen Leaves Dies” and stuck them down first.

Can I tell ya, I’m quite smitten with this card?!!

Thanks again for stopping by to take a peak at one of my card creations!  I hope your day is going well!  See you soon!

~ Ally ~


supplies:
stamps:  CPD (And Sentiments)
cardstock:  CPD (Premium White Cardstock, Midnight, Smoke & Mirrors)
dies:  CPD (Fallen Leaves, Stained Glass Coverplate, And Dies)
inks:  Tsukineko (Versamark)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Ally thus is a great masculine card!

 
09 10