Timeless Tuesday ~ Wrap Me Up in Ribbon!

Howdy all!  Happy first week of April everyone!  I hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend.  It's time for another fantastic Timeless Tuesday Challenge from Flourishes!

Our hostess, Denise, is challenging us to create a card or project this week where we layered some ribbon (FTTC214).  Take a wide ribbon and layer a more narrow ribbon over top of it, layer two or more colors of twine together, etc. Get creative!

This week I'm headed home to Ontario for about 6 days and I'm lucky enough to be going out with my 3 girlfriends one evening, two of which, have birthdays this week.  So I knew I was going to need some fun birthday cards to take home with me; hence all the matchy-match birthday cards!

Birthday Violets

For my first card, I used a sheer ribbon with a narrow opaque ribbon to create my layers. For my card base, stamped image and sentiment die cut were all using Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock.  My card design was based on a last week's sketch from Splitcoaststampers.


For my violets (and sentiment), I used the violet bouquet image from the "Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1" stamp set using Memento's "Pistachio" ink.  I think this image looks almost water coloured using the green ink instead of black ink.



Birthday Doily Violets
For my second card I used the same sheer green ribbon but I put it through my sewing machine and then pulled one of the threads a bit to get a more frilly ribbon base and then added the light green ribbon thin ribbon on top.  Super easy to do!  My central image was stamped and die cut using the Spellbinder's Perfectly Pierced Classic Window die using Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock and inked up using Ranger's "Old Paper" Distress Ink.

I brightened this violet bouquet up a bit using some brighter Copic greens.  For my sentiment, I stamped it using Memento's "Black Tuxedo" ink onto vellum paper and die cut it out using the Spellbinder's Perfectly Pierced Classic Window die.



Square Violet Birthday

For my final card, I again used Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock with Memento's "Black Tuxedo" ink and the "Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1" stamp set.  For my layered ribbon this time, I used the sheer green ribbon with some multiple strands of Flourishes Metallic Silver String



I used a variety of Copic Collections today to colour in all of my card images:


 
 
 
 
 
Now it's your turn to get out your ribbon stash.  Share a card or project that you use some layered ribbon on with us this week.


Take a peek at what the Timeless Tuesday designers have created for this week's challenge…
Allison Cope
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Deborah Anton
Denise Marzec

Debbie Marcinkiewicz, our April guest designer

We can't wait to see what you create with our challenge this week!  Have fun!!
 ~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock, Bazzill, Papertrey Ink
patterned papers: Authentique
die cut shapes: Spellbinders, Flourishes, Cheerylyn Designs
ink: Copic, Memento, Ranger
ribbon: Offray, Flourishes
embossing folder: Spellbinders
gems/pearls: Doodlebug, KaiserCraft
other: thread.

7 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow these are all just gorgeous! Beautiful way to show using the same stamp set for different looks.

Helen said...

What a fabulous trio of cards, Ally. Your violets look wonderful - so soft and pretty.

Tricia T said...

Ooooo! What a lovely set of cards! I really, really like the second one - that die is perfect with the violets, and I like how the violets "hang off the edge" in the last card. Just elegant!

Tricia

Katie Sims said...

Howdy all....you are speaking this Georgia girl's language...although, it would probably be more like Howdy, Ya'll...lol! Mercy, your cards are beautiful! Love the vellum sentiment treatment you used and your coloring is amazing!

Stacy Morgan said...

Holy smokers girl... these are beautiful! I like the vellum sentiment panels and your coloring is fabulous.

dpkennedy said...

These are gorgeous Ally! I love the vellum too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl you have out done yourself!!~

 
09 10