Timeless Tuesday ~ Frame It!


Hello stampers! Finally feeling a little better this morning.  Being sick sucks! Thanks for being patient with me this morning.

This week, our super talented hostess Cindy is challenging us to create a card or project where you create a frame on your project (FTTC216).  Super fun right?  Here is the card I created for this week's challenge...

Happiness
I began creating my card by creating the frame.  I began with a piece of the Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock and die cut it twice to get the basis of my frame shape.  Leaving the 2 die shapes on the cardstock, I then stamped my NEW "Bees & Blooms" images all over the frame using Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink.  I added some Ranger "Antique Linen" Distress Ink to the edges of my frame.

Then I created the inside of my frame by die cutting the same frame die cut shape using Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock again, adding some more Ranger "Antique Linen" Distress Ink to the edges of the inside of my frame.  Then I stamped the "Happiness..." quote by John Barrymore from the NEW "Over the Garden Gate" stamp set.I backed it with a piece of Flourishes Classic Black Cardstock and then fussy cut the frame shape to create a black matting.

For my background, I used the same steps as creating my mask.  Again I stamped the NEW "Bees & Blooms" images all over the background cardstock using Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink. A strip of washi tape, a bow made from Kraft Jute and a pretty flower and I was done!
  

DON'T FORGET ABOUT... our call for another "Friend of Flourishes" design team member!  The deadline is fast approaching so don't delay!  Get your application in today!  For call details, CLICK HERE!

Now... check out what my fellow design team members have created for Cindy's fabulous challenge this week...

Allison Cope
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Deborah Anton
Denise Marzec 
Debbie Marcinkiewicz, our April guest designer

We can't wait to see what you create with our challenge this week!  Have fun!!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Bees & Blooms, Over the Garden Gate)
cardstock: Flourishes (Classic Ivory & Black)
die cut shapes:  Spellbinders
ink: Memento, Ranger
jute: Flourishes
washi tape: My Mind's Eye.

12 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Wow - that is stunning! Love the colors and all the layers!

Sasha said...

Beautiful work, Ally! Gorgeous card! x

Broni said...

Gasp!!! Ally, this is so sophisticated and gorgeous! I love everything about it and I am SO going to CASE it!!

Tricia T said...

Allison, this is exquisite! I love that frame! I may be CASING you... : )

Tricia

Helen said...

Gorgeous card in classic cream and black - love it. Very clever use of the new stamp set, too.

Denise Marzec said...

Wow is that ever GORGEOUS, Ally! Seriously...WOW!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS...I love how you used this new Set! Very striking! Hugs ~S~

Misti said...

WOW!!! This is so elegant!!!

Diane said...

Elegant and gorgeous!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Such a BEAUTY!!~

Unknown said...

This is so stunning, Allison! I love your stamped background and frame! Beautiful work as always!

Deborah Anton said...

Just gorgeous!! I LOVE this...

 
09 10