Read 2 Me!

Howdy sketch lovers!  It's another reveal day at Let's Capture Our Memories!

This week's reveal is a little more special though.  It's the last day for the Winter Sketch Team.  We're saying goodbye to a few of our designers... that sucks!  But that also means we are welcoming in a new team next week.  Hooray!

So for our final sketch for the Winter Sketch Team, we have this sketch... by yours truly!

And here is the layout I created using my own sketch this week...

Read 2 Me
 (click to enlarge)
To me, scrapbooking is truly an art so my layout this week was a true process.  I basically spent 5 hours changing a single 12x12 piece of white cardstock into this page.  I just simply HAD FUN with this one!

My journaling reads:
One of the best childhood memories I have is being 
curled up in bed with my mom and sister reading a 
good book.  I'm so glad Mama takes time to 
create this same memory with you!   April 5 2013.

I had lots of fun with letters.  I used my myStamp BOX "Tall Outline" Alphas to create the back ground and then I used some Making Memories alphabet stickers to create/trace my title.  I even traced the number 2 onto some overlapping pieces of washi tape to create that aspect of my title.


I used a lot of mists on this page.  I actually used them to "paint" between my stamped letters and around my clock images from Flourishes. I also using my American Crafts "Stamp Markers" and used them to add wisps of colour inside my letters.

My layout is very busy but that's what I love about it!  Hope you join us for our final April sketch at Let's Capture Our Memories today!  Make sure you check out what my fellow designers have done with my sketch too!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes, myStamp BOX, KaiserCraft
cardstock: Bazzill 
alpha stickers:  Making Memories
patterned papers:  Studio Calico
mists: Smooch, Tattered Angels
ink: Memento, Stampin' Up!
washi tapes:  My Mind's Eye, Tim Holtz
mini tickets:Maya Road
pens: American Crafts, Sharpie
brad: Echo Park
other: gesso, stickers, thread.

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Fabulous sketch Ally...and the LO is so cool! I love the busy feel to it.
Hugs xx

Lee-Anne said...

OMG Ally this is absolutely gorgeous! Love it so much!

Broni said...

Wow! You always amaze me with all the details and love you put into each and every layout, Ally! This one is so beautiful and so fun! I bet the process and the memories were an awesome 5 hour experience!

 
09 10