Flourishes Release Week ~ Bees & Blooms!

Yippee!  It's day two of Flourishes' Release Week!  Today's stamp release is TO-DIE-FOR!!!  It's called...
BEES & BLOOMS!

The minute I saw this stamp set, the image that came to my mind was TOILE!  

Toile is the name of a fabric that entered the English language around the 16th century from a French word meaning "linen cloth" or "canvas"—particularly cloth or canvas for painting on. The word toile can refer to the fabric itself, a test garment (generally) sewn from the same material, or a type of surface decoration (traditionally) printed on the same fabric.

So I began by die cutting 3 nesting rectangles using my Spellbinder's dies out of Flourishes Classic White Cardstock. I created a my card layers using the same idea as the Splitcoaststamper's tutorial, "Triple Stamping".  I stacked my 3 layers on top of each other and began stamping using my favourite black ink, Memento's "Tuxedo Black".  I inked up my edges using my new favourite Ranger Distress Ink, "Pumice Stone".

Bee Toile Noir
I made my card a tri-fold card so I decorated the middle panel using the same cardstock and inks and my inside panel as well.

Middle Panel
I "taped" the ends of my white seam binding ribbon so I could easily thread it through the holes of my card front.  I used a simple piece of coordinating colour washi tape. Simple and easy to do!

In order to close my card, I created a simple ribbon closure. Here's how I did it...
How to Create a Punch Template:
A)  I took a scrap piece of cardstock and die cut the same shape where I want to locate my ribbon closure.
B)  I drew a line so my punched holes are lined up evenly.
C)  Then I found the center point on the line and then I chose to mark 2 evenly spaced lines from my center point.
D)  I used my 1/8th hole punch and punched 2 holes on my evenly spaced marks.

E)  Next I took my punch template and used it to punch my actual card.  It makes it so easy because I never have to erase any pencil marks on my project and I can make it just the way I want BEFORE I punch my actual project!  So helpful!!!

Make sure you check out all of the Senior Design Team member blogs.  They always have some amazing cards and projects using our new stamp sets...
Happy blog hopping!!!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Bees and Blossoms)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic White & Black Cardstock

die cut shapes:  Spellbinders
ink: Memento, Ranger

ribbon: seam binging

washi tape:  My Mind's Eye
pearls: KaiserCraft.

1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

WOW is all I can say. I love that toile inspired you...this is awesome with this set!

 
09 10