Timeless Tuesday ~ Pinterest Inspired!



Hello Tuesday!  Time for another fabulous Timeless Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes!  This week is Release Week for Flourishes and we're sharing all kinds of AMAZING stamps sets this week... FIVE in all!!  The newest release is Poinsettia & Pine and it's gorgeous!  Make sure you check out the Flourishes blog today for all the amazing creations by our Senior Design Team!


Now... onto this week's Timeless Tuesday challenge! This week's challenge is a fun one...

Timeless Tuesday - FTTC186
Find an inspiration photo on Pinterest 
to inspire your card or creation!

So awhile ago I saw this beautiful holiday quilt pinned on Pinterest so I decided to use it as my inspiration for this week's challenge. Click the image to take you to the original pin...



For today's card creation I have used the September's newly released 123 Create Kit!  This is kit is so pretty!  It's packed full of gorgeous BoBunny 6x6 patterned papers, 3 kinds of gorgeous ribbons & a cool silver cording, some awesome little kraft pennant shapes with pins, some gorgeous green gems and some stunning snowflake charms!  Yup... all that is this one little kit!!!



And finally... my card using my Pinterest pin find!

Patchwork Poinsettia


For my card, I used the "Poinsettia & Boxwood" stamp set.  This set is PERFECT for paper piecing (and so is the new Poinsettia & Pine set) so that's exactly what I did!  All of those pretty patterned papers you see on my poinsettia are in the September 123 Create Kit!!!  See that cool silver cording and that cute little kraft pennant & pin... all included in the September 123 Create Kit!!

I used my favourite ink, Memento Black Tuxedo ink and stamped out parts/leaves of my poinsettia image all over little scraps of patterned papers and on my die cut circle from Flourishes Classic White Cardstock.  My "XOXO" on my little greeting pennant is from the "Tiny Flowers & Tags" stamp set.  It fit perfectly on the little pennant!

I hope my card inspires you to paper piece something.  Come and play along with us this week!  The possibilities are ENDLESS for this week's challenge!



Take a peek at what my fellow Timeless Tuesday designers have created for today…
You can find all the challenge details at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC186.  Good luck!


Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Poinsettia & Boxwood, Tiny Flowers & Tags)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic White
patterned papers: September's 123 Create Kit
inks: Memento, Copic
die cut shapes:  Spellbinders
accessories: September's 123 Create Kit
 Photobucket

23 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

WOW-ers girl, --GORGEOUS!!~

Tina said...

I love your beautiful "patchwork" card.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

kathy s said...

Love this effect so pretty-love patchwork too so what a combination- thanks for sharing your inspiration

Karen W said...

What a beautiful card, fabulous flower and I love the quilt inspiration!

Colleen said...

Allison,
This is jaw dropping! Wow all that fussy cutting.

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!! WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE all the paper piecing!You've chosen the PERFECT patterned papers!!!!!! WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!!!!!!!! :)

Lee-Anne said...

That is the most gorgeous card I have ever seen! Love it!

Amanda said...

Absolutely Gorgeous, Ally!! I love how you really used that 123 Kit to perfection and created such a Stunning and warm Christmas card :)

~ Amanda :)

ChristineCreations said...

Ally, I just love how your creative brain thinks. You always have beautiful unique elements incorporated into your designs that just make them shine. I love how homey this card feels!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and wow lots of work with the paper piecing. Looks wonderful Allison

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous! Truly creative and very inspirational! Love it!

Broni said...

Ally, what a gorgeous patchwork poinsettia! This is truly a classic homespun Christmas card!!

Patti P. said...

Stunning, I love paper piecing and this is the tops in that! Beautiful inspiration picture.

Heather Rogers said...

So cute! Love the paper pieced leaves. :)

Hugs~

Liz Williams said...

I love paper piecing and this is amazing. So beautifully unique in every way!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, the paper pieced poinsettia is BRILLIANT! Totally captures the patchwork in that inspiration photo. Awesome design, Ally!

Gretchen Wilson said...

What a totally unique card. Love your inspiration for the design and using the paper form the kit. Well done.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! I love your take on the challenge. What a brilliant work!

Joan V said...

Oh, this is really a great take from the inspiration photo. Love your poinsettia card.

Theresa's Studio said...

This is stunning. Great paper piecing.

Misti said...

Fabulous inspiration piece! Love your card!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow! Your card is just gorgeous! Love it! Have a great weekend!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, your patchwork poinsettia is FANTASTIC! LOVE what you did with this based on your Pin'd photo!

 
09 10