Let's Get Sketchy!

Over on the myStamp BOX blog today, the mSB team is gettin' creative with sketches! Here's the sketch one half of the team has been given to create with:

Here's what I did with my very own sketch:

Silly Faces

supplies: stamps, myStamp BOX; cardstock, Bazzill; inks, Ranger Distress Inks, copic;
pen
, Sharpie; tools, Klic N'Kut machine; mists, Tattered Angels.

I used a LOT of fun stamps and cool techniques to achieve my layout for this sketch today.

Here's how I created some of the elements on my page...

First I started by creating my 3D circle effect. I physically measured the diameter of the circles from the Funky Circles stamp set and then created a white cardstock panel with all kinds of different sized holes to match my circle sizes. I carefully stamped all the different sized circles using a variety of Ranger Distress Inks.

I popped up the panel above the stamped panel using LOTS of foam adhesive (aka the blue strips)! The light blue circles are from using my Copic air gun and a light blue Copic to get a "bubble" like effect.

Next I built the strips that I put across the page to go under my photos. I started using my Neighborhoods and Graphic Borders to create the top one (see image below).

The second one is using the You Name It stamp set.

For the blue scallop I designed it using my Klic N'Kut software and made little mustaches in the scallops. I stamped the star burst from the Funky Flowers set on this.

For the final border, I wanted to create a pattern that would show through the little mustache cut outs so I stamped the checkerboard pattern from the Repeat After Me stamp set using orange ink.

*Just so you're not wondering... I didn't bother designing anything with the third scallop since I knew my photos would hide it!

For my background paper, I used the Seal It! set to create the circles and then framed it up with one of the zipper stamps from the Repeat After Me set. It turned out SO cute!

For part of my title, I created the word "SILLY" using the Tall Outlines set and then stamped over it with a subtle blue ink the little mini set of polka dots from the Itty Bittys set!

And my journaling went on a stamped journaling tag from the Just Add Notes stamp set.

I hope I've inspired you today! Come on out and check out the rest of my fellow mSB Team creations today!

Photobucket

4 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

This layout is AMAZING! Your stamping skills are over-the-top! I adore the playfulness of your layout as well as the colors and of course the silly mustaches! :)

Diana Waite said...

I can't tell you how much I LOOVE this page! love all the clever techniques you used--AWESOME!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a great sketch! It would work wonderfully for a card, too. But, oh, my goodness, your design is phenomenal! So many fabulous details. Those circles -- WOW! I love how you dressed up the scallops. It's all just so darn cute!

Tigriswillreign said...

LOVE this scrapbook page! So cute! Wonderful colors and great sketch!

 
09 10