Just Add Water!

Howdy all! It's the 30th and new sketch has been revealed on the Cardabilities blog today!

This month's second is sketch has so many possibilities. With a blank canvas, anything is possible! Here's what I did with this month's sketch...

Water Colour Poppies
supplies: stamps, Flourishes, Papertrey Ink; ribbon, KaiserCraft; button, Maya Road; gems, Prima, KaiserCraft, Hero Arts; inks, Versamark, Ranger; embossing powder, Hero Arts; cardstock, Bazzill; water colour paper, Fabriano; mists for colouring, Tattered Angels; glitter, Perfect Pearls; other, thread, twine.

I created the base panel of my card using water colour paper, heat embossed stamps and mists... yup mists! I took a few drops of the Glimmer Mists colours: Flower Power, Tiger Lily and Red Velvet. I used a water brush and applied the colours after misting the entire embossed image using just plain water.

Here's what my central panel looked like after painting my flowers using the mist colours.

To finish it off, I sprayed the entire piece of paper again and added the Glimmer Mist colours of Turquoise Blue and Electric Blue using my water brush. Then I stamped a subtle script over top of the entire piece using a Papertrey Ink stamp.

Come on out and join the rest of the team and create using this month's sketch!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Ally, this is so beautiful! Wonderful background detailing which makes those beautifully colored poppies, pop! Lovely card!

Diana Waite said...

I'm TOTALLY impressed with the inking--painting on this card it's just GORGEOUS!!

Sabina said...

Your poppy are really fabulous!!Love your card!!

Franz♥ said...

Hi Allison, a really stunning work, your coloring is wonderful!
Francesca.

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous card Alison, LOVE that water colouring, so pretty and effective. FAB take on the sketch!

 
09 10