It's Sketch Time!

It's time for a new sketch at WeScrap... It's Sketchy Saturday!

This week I had the honour of creating a page using Sarah's sketch (seen here) and this is what I created....

Companion

supplies: patterned paper, stickers, Crate Paper; cardstock, Gina K. Designs; tools, Klic N' Kut machine; inks, Ranger, Memento; ribbon, Sheer Creations; brad, BasicGrey; other, thread.

This page is all about my scrappy companion Teaco. She just LOVES to sleep on my computer desk in my scraproom and quite often is found there during the days I create.

For my page I cut a variety of beautiful patterned papers, ran a crooked line of stitching down each side of the exposed edge of the strips and than applied a little water and curled them back with my fingers. I think it turned out amazing!

To create my ribbon rose, I began by applying a large amount of adhesive to a circle of pink patterned paper. Then I stuck my ribbon end down with a brad and began to twist the ribbon. As it twisted I stuck it down to the circle and then tucked the stray end underneath and secured it.


I hope you'll join us over at WeScrap for Sketchy Saturday this weekend. If you play along you have a great chance at winning one of our amazing WeScrap Kits too!
Photobucket

2 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Such a fantastic layout! I love the pale pink flower with the Restoration line. The kitty pictures are so sweet too. TFS!

Martine said...

oh wow!! gorgeous LO!! love the distressing! your ribbon rose is so pretty! and your kitty pics are so cute!!

 
09 10