PTI Blog Hop: Sweet Pea

It's the 15th of the month and that means the PTI Blog Hop! Here's this month's blog hop challenge:

This month we're calling all button lovers! Now's your chance to explore the world of possibilities that buttons hold! From borders to backgrounds, accents and embellishments, or even incorporating them into stamp images like any of our Button Bits stamp sets. From paper projects to home decor to jewelry and more, the sky's the limit! We want to see all your very best creations using buttons and the inspiration we will gain from each other should prove to be truly enticing!

If you'd like to participate along with the rest of PTI lovers, come and visit the PTI forum for all the festivities, here.

For my creation, I wanted to create a cute little onesie for a friend who is overdue with her first bundle of joy. Since she and her husband do not know what gender the baby is, I decided to create in green!


To create my back ground, I first started by creating the striped band across the body using my Background Basics: Retro stamp. I carefully masked off the bottom of the stripes and stamped on the pretty small violet from the Year of Flowers: Violet stamp set. Then I masked off the top of the stripes and stamped the little leaves from the Turning a New Leaf stamp set.

Then I stamped a single violet on some white cardstock and added a little Copic airbrushed colour and fun button to the center. I attached a little bit of mini trim along the base of the stripes and then attached my single violet using pop dots.

I added a little sparkle using some fine glitter to the violets with a little dimensional Copic colouring to the flower petals. I added some "bottom closure" buttons to the base of the card... and VOILA! A green cutesy onesie... fit for either a boy or girl!
Photobucket

49 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How Cute your Onesie is!!! So adorable! Great job.

Kara said...

So cute!! Love the patterns you have created!!
Kara

Dana said...

super cute!

Kathryn B said...

Oh this is adorable! Very creative!

Melissa said...

Cute! Love the flower accent!

Anonymous said...

Adorable. Love that onsie!

Janice McDonald said...

Adorable...with a capital A!

Rosanne said...

How sweet!

Anika said...

What a cute onesie! Great use of different patterns!

peggysue said...

Oh a little onesie, that is clever and such a neat color choice too. It looks fab!

Kelly S. said...

Oh my WORD is that ever cute! Love the stamps you mixed together and that shade of green is so fun!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh my, this is totally ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous said...

very cute!

Babies-Beth said...

Ack! I need to make one of these right now, lol! So cute!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Great card! So darn cute...

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Great card. It's the cutest.

Jen Carter said...

Oh my! That is just beyond cute! Great job!

Kay D said...

This is so adorable- I absolutely LOVE your background stamping!

Kay D said...

This is adorable! I absolutely LOVE your background stamping!

karen h said...

So pretty!

Marge said...

Ohhh, this is SOOO A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Very cute card!

Elizabeth S. said...

Adorable onsie!! It really caught my eye!! Love it.

Laurie said...

So super cute! I love it!

Heather P. said...

Oh my WORD, this is just too CUTE!! Love it!

Kerri said...

ADORABLE!!! I love how you used the violets!

Liz said...

Cute onesie!!

Anonymous said...

So adorable and very clever!

Jennifer K said...

So sweet!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh so CUTE!!

sillyleann said...

Wow! Look at all that gorgeous green!!

Traveling Mama said...

awwww!!! How adorable!!

Laural-Lee said...

Allison, this baby card is SOOO CUTE!! Beautiful job

Savitri said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I love it! I hope you're doing well over there, lady!!

Lori said...

Isn't this the cutest onsie ever!!!

Sharon said...

OH! So cute! Love the stamping! Love the trim at the waist, with the flower!

Terri said...

Very cute!

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh my word. This is so stinkin' adorable!!! Love it in green!

Katie said...

What a stylin' baby onesie! Think you could get that done in fabric? ;)

Cammie said...

WOW! This is beautiful and so original! I looks like something you would find in a boutique.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH how STINKIN' CUTE! I LOVE this!

Sue Plote said...

This is soooo adorable!! I will totally be copying it! Way cute!

Chris Simon said...

Oh my, that's so cute! I love the variety of patterns on the green. Will definitely be trying this on some cards. Thanks for sharing!

Holly Jordan said...

So adorable!!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is darling! You did such an oustanding job!!!

Taheerah said...

This is *so* gorgeous!! Love the design you put together - I think it also looks like a kimono as well as a onesie!

Anita Rex said...

Too cute! Great colors!

Pat said...

Love all the flowers and the greens.

Dana said...

Oh Allie, this is sooooo cute. I love the touch of glitter, and the trim at the waist. Just lovely.

 
09 10