An Oops!... Made Beautiful!

I have been experimenting with my new die cutting machine that Todd got me as an early Christmas present the last few days.

I designed a simple rectangular frame with loads of tiny snowflakes inside of it but I had accidentally adjusted the cutting blade on the machine and left it up too high. So it cut the image but it didn't cut it all the way through the paper!

I looked at the frame and then I saw the potential in it. So I took the frame and cut it to size on my trimmer. I then took my Ranger Distress Inks and softly laid ink all over the cut marks of the snowflakes and frame.... and since the ink caught all the cut edges of the paper, it picked up subtle ink to show off the design! A VERY cool effect from an OOPS!

So I took the inked piece and made a Christmas card from it!

supplies: stamps, myStamp BOX (A Tree for All Seasons); cardstock, Prism, Bazzill Bling, Core'dinations; embossing folder, Cuttlebug; die cut shapes, Spellbinder's; inks, Ranger, Memento, Stampin' Up!; gold pearls, Micheal's Craft Store; clear embossing powder, Hero Arts; other, ribbon.

I think it turned out kinda cool! See what happens when you look at something in a different light...
Photobucket

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Gorgeous Ally! Love how you used the distress ink!

{Sarah} said...

WOW, that looks awesome!!! Would have NEVER known it was an oops! ;)

Random Memories said...

This is really cool. I love the vintagy distressed look of it! Way to turn it into something really wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You sure turned that "oops" into something beautiful, WTG Ally!! Thanks for shareing.

 
09 10